Friday, August 27, 2010

Models are so skinny, but they have nice hair

For an old Carolina Herrera runway show, Orlando Pita created beautiful twists and chignons accented by lengths of seed beads. I've been playing around with this look for a while, and am determined to wear it out of my apartment, to a semi-formal wedding this weekend.

I recall reading that Pita custom-made the haircessories, but that they were remarkably similar to the cheap glass tubules you can find at any craft store. To Michael's I went, buyings two shades, gold and copper, which will hopefully blend into my ginger without looking like bad brassy highlights.
So...

Cost of becoming a model to have Pita do your hair (ie: lipo, drug habit, etc...) $18,500
Cost of seed beads $12
One afternoon of bathroom mirror practice $0
Total Savings $18,488

No comments:

Post a Comment